285 Charlotte Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 8L5
Tel: 613-235-4341, fax: 613-236-6342, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important updates in visa policies for the Sochi 2014 spectators!
With respect to the Winter Olympic Games and Paralympic Games in Sochi 2014, starting December 1, 2013 the following tourist visa requirements will apply to the persons wishing to visit the mentioned events.
Visitors planning to attend sport competitions, opening or closing ceremonies of the Olympics must submit a standard form of tourist confirmation issued by an authorized Russian travel company, which must contain a note«Сочи 2014 зритель» (Sochi 2014 spectator).
Along with the confirmation the applicant must submit one of the following documents:
• or the electronic confirmation of its purchase at the Sochi 2014 Organizing Committee, or an official ticket agency abroad;
The complete information on the procedure of purchasing tickets and receiving your Spectator Pass is posted at http://tickets.sochi2014.com
The other tourist visa requirements referred to below and applicable to the form, passport, visa fee etc. remain in force.
REQUIREMENTS TO OBTAIN A RUSSIAN TOURIST VISA
(for 30 days maximum)
1. These requirements apply to Canadian citizens only.
Additional requirements can apply to non-Canadians. Further information for non-Canadians can be sent by e-mail upon your request.
2. Please make sure that there is a 5 business days period between the date of application for a tourist visa and the supposed date of entry to Russia.
3. The consulate does not provide the information on the status of visa processing by phone.
Please send appropriate request by e-mail with the name of the applicant and his date of birth.
4. In accordance with Russian laws citizens of the Russian Federation regardless of any other citizenship they must travel to Russia on valid Russian documents only.
5. All the paper work has to be submitted in person.
In meanwhile the applicants unable to be present in our visa section in person are recommended to rely on services provided by visa agencies. Applications sent by mail or courier companies will be returned without processing.
To obtain a visa you have to submit to the Consular Division:
1. The original completed visa application form (for citizens of Australia, Canada, Georgia, the UK and USA, the original completed visa application form should be printed on the front and back sides of a single sheet of paper) submitted with a photo (one per applicant) glued in the area designated for it.
Your photo must meet following requirements: the frame size must be 35mm X 45 mm (1 3/8’’ X 1 3/4’’); the photos must be clear, well defined and taken against a plain white or light-coloured background.
At least two pages of the passport should be free of any notes, stamps and visas. Passport must be valid at least 6 months after your supposed date of departure from Russia.
3. One photocopy of information pages of the passport
4. A letter from yourself (if travelling individually) explaining who is travelling, where, when and with what purpose.
5. Standart form of confirmation for foreign tourists CONFIRMATION is issued by the Russian hosting travel company.
It carries a REFERENCE-NUMBER of the hosting company (which confirms that this company is allowed to invite foreign tourists), personal data of each tourist, dates of trip, itinerary in Russia, services as paid. Confirmation must be signed by authorized person and carry the official seal of the Russian travel company. The confirmation of prepaid accommodation at the hotel you are going to stay provided by the hotel.
Be ready to present the copy of tourist Confirmation to the passport control officer at the Russian border.
CONSULAR SERVICE FEES (IN CANADIAN DOLLARS), PER PERSON
up to 20 business days
up to 3 business days
Payment of the visa fees must be exact, made by certified cheque, money order or bank draft payable to the EMBASSY OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION
Non certified cheques, cash, credit and debit cards are NOT acceptable.
VlSA FEES ARE NON REFUNDABLE
Visa processing starts only after the complete set of documents is submitted.
When having received your visa please check it for mistakes (passport number, date of birth, validity) and, if necessary, return it to the consulate for corrections.
The Consulate will not be responsible for any mistakes in the visas, which were not brought to our attention prior to your departure from Canada.
Please, note that visas cannot be changed or extended. If your travel plans are changed after the visa issuance you have to reapply for a new one.
Any visa applicant may be interviewed by consular officer if necessary.
Processing time, requirements and fees are subject to change without notice.